6/01/2012

I finished this a few days ago but my camera and my computer were not talking to each other but I think I have the problem resolved.... In a  previous post I mentioned that in 4th position in a round robin rotation I like to look for elements in the 3 blocks before me.... I want my block to fit right in with the rest.













After laying out the blocks and studying them I concluded:

  • All stitchers framed the image with gold braid of some sort.
  • Both Kerry and Flora had couched some cording.
  • Janet and Kerry had squared off their frames.
  • Janet and Flora had used small spots of color
  • Kerry and Janet had used lots of fancy seamwork
  • Flora did a lot of couched scroll work
  • Janet introduced buttons.


So I used some fancy seams, fancy braids, some cording, and framed the block.  Janet added buttons which I thought were a nice touch so I echoed that in my block...  The only thing I didn't do is spread color around.. The beaded holly berries were  strong enough color spots for me... I'm very happy with the block...  How do you think it fits with the rest???

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Gerry, your block is very lovely, and it goes well with the other blocks.

July said...

Fantastic!Miracle! Royal quilt!

gocrazywithme said...

I think it looks perfect with the previous blocks!

Marilyn said...

I love the block. The elaborate seam treatments with just the one scroll in one patch make it look very classy. It was a great way to tie in with the other blocks.

Marilyn said...

I love the block. The elaborate seam treatments with just the one scroll in one patch make it look very classy. It was a great way to tie in with the other blocks.

Anonymous said...

Gerry, your block is beautiful. I love the way you used the button cluster to cover the trim ends. I agree, the holly berries were just the right touch of color!

All the blocks are lovely and go together nicely.

Judy in Mississippi

Susan Elliott said...

Boy, if I were ever in a round robin, I'd want YOU in my group!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts