4/13/2012

Goldwork Progress

Today was another day of grabbing 15 minutes here and there to stitch... while waiting for sheets to dry, timer on oven to go off, the plumber to call... etc..... Then I couldn't stand it anymore and told DH to get soup out of the freezer because I was finishing the outlining TONIGHT! and I did... It's not the most interesting part and mostly tedious so I wanted to be done and get on to the fun part... I tried to keep my couching stitches even at 1 mm but if my mind wandered so did my stitches...









Actually the gold cord was very good about not fraying which had been my concern...  So I was able to bind the cord at the ends and cut it cleanly.. You will notice it if you look closely but by the time I finish I doubt if it will be noticeable at all.

The fun part.... putting a different pattern or design in each leaf with the very small cording like I used at the base of the flower.  I plan on incorporating gold sequins and beads at this stage also... As you have probably guessed I will start with leaf #1.

After the leaves are done I will finish the hummer and the very last step will be the tendrils which will hold it all together...

And a big thanks for all the tips on using the slippery thread... I gave it a try today and it worked great..

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

I was wondering what you do with the ends on the cording. It is so thick that taking it to the back wouldn't be too tidy. I was thinking maybe you used fray check (or its equivalent) but I had never thought about binding it. Here's hoping you have lots more stitching time so we can see more :)

Lorraine said...

Looking forward seeing what comes next!

Wendy said...

Great idea about binding the ends, I will have to try that to help with the fraying when using cording.

This is coming along nicely. I went back and read the other ideas about the slippery thread and I am going to try knotting the thread at the needle also. This rr is so helpful in learning all these new techniques. Thank you Gerry for sharing all these great ideas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts