11/15/2011

Candace Kling, Ribbon Artist Extraordinaire

Is this a great smile..or what?  Candace was one of the best instructor I've ever had. She was articulate, concise and organized... There was not a wasted movement nor wasted word  the entire day....I was mesmerized watching her hands work the fabric...  It was a great day.

I've  had Candace's book for a long time and only used parts of it so I wanted to take this class to feel more comfortable with manipulating both ribbons and fabric... The biggest thing holding me back was the price of the beautiful silk ribbons... I'll never be able to afford them so matter how I covet them.  But in this class we were making flowers from silk fabric and silk blouses are something I often find at thrift stores and can dye... 

The project I have in mind for after the suffrage quilt will involve a LOT of dimensional flowers of all sizes and types so this fit right in with my plans.... but I kept thinking about even doing them smaller and Candace told me she was developing a class on miniature ribbon work...  She thought it would really appeal to doll makers but I can see it as wonderful for crazy quilters.  And working  in miniature would take less ribbon... The class will be in Seattle in May and when I called today in mid November.... I was 4th on the list and the class will be limited to 10...

You can see her exquisite work and find the locations of her classes on her website

Post #998
(Note:  Also I  heard from Carole Samples and she said if you will email her direct she will send you the information on ordering the templates from her..... fancwerx@inebraska.com
 They are available nowhere else and she has the machine that makes them...)

4 comments:

Mosaic Magpie said...

You are the luckiest girl in the world! All those fun classes with world class teachers. Thank you for the info on the templates.
Deb

Unknown said...

What a very talented and amazing lady - and you are 4th on the list - brilliant - I bet you are so excited.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

I have that book also Gerry. It's fantastic. She does have a terrific smile and I am sure that was an amazing class. Thanks for the link.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for a great blog and for Carole's info, much appreciated!!

Candace's work looks flipping GORGEOUS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts