2/20/2009

2009 Challenge stage 3


I've secured the hankies and silkie and did a seam but now it's time to make some serious decisions... I know some women draw out their blocks but I like to cut out shapes and move them around until I'm happy. Then I take a photo for a record to refer to. I want to save the dark purple area for an embroidered word and I may try to space things further for 3 paisleys. The butterfly buttons are ones I did as a whim with stencils and I really like them... I've beaded the small one and placed it just below the silkie... At this point I want to run some random cording and rickrack need to know where it will not interfere with motifs....

Note: I always want to rush into the motifs as they are my favorite part but know if I don't do the seams now I will be sorry later.. so I will do seams now before I finish any more motifs. Since layered seams is one of the challenges, I will take more time with seams than I usually do.... I do love the motifs and embellishing....and ENCRUSTING!!!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Gerry, this is for me, a tutorial on one of the stages of embellishment! Do you find it is better to do the basic seam treatments first?

Ati said...

Your plan looks great Gerry, good of you to do the seams first :-))

Lisa Boni said...

I love seeing how you plan this block out! This is going to be a gorgeous block!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts