10/21/2008

Following Leslie

I didn't want to copy Leslie but she certainly inspired me. I wanted to challenge myself by creating a competely different approach. This block is a beading exercise gone crazy. I had painted the cottage button for Jo and wanted to put it on her fan surrounded by a FEW beads and then do the neutral cottage on the background. I added a few rows of beads around the button and then a few more, and then a few more until I ran out of fan.
The MOP cottage button is only about 1 1/4" so you can see this fan is quite small. It's different than anything I've done. Do you like it?

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Gerry, I love everythin you do! It"s gorgeous!! Debbie (Maine)

Jo in NZ said...

Well, I , for one LOVE it! lol

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

What tallent! I love the beaded fan! I seem to have missed the boat when it comes to imagination like that!

Jackie said...

Wow, they are all gorgeous! Very unique, thanks for sharing your (and their) beautiful stitchwork!

Lisa Boni said...

What a glorious block! I love the way you carried your cottage button motif into the background! Just gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts