8/29/2023

Aunt Margret's Sour Cream Fruit Tart

 

Next to Gma Krueger's Sour Cream Rolls recipe, which are a lot of work, the most used family recipe is Aunt Margaret's Sour Cream  Fruit Tart.  It is so easy that it is the dessert I go to in a panic because it is so versatile.  I like tarts because they require less fruit, are less work, and feed more people.


 Although I always use fresh fruit, it could also be made with canned fruit as well.
 
Custard Filling:
Mix 1 c. sugar and 1-2 T. flour
Mix 1 eggs and 1 c. sour cream
Combine both  
Add 1 t. vanilla and spices as desired.  Depending on the fruit (or my mood), I may use ginger, cinnamon, cardamom or 5 spice...any one or any combination...about a teaspoon. I especially love cardamon.  It is next to impossible to mess up this recipe, so it is perfect for the visually impaired, young children, or any one in need of a last minute dessert.
 
Pour sour cream/sugar mix into an uncooked pie shell (I use a 12" tart pan).  Add fresh fruit (pears, apples, plums, peaches, etc.).  I like to arrange the fruit, but Aunt Margaret just chopped hers and it tasted just as good.  Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.  (Optional): Once cooled I dust with XXX sugar and a few nuts.  

Sometimes I combine fruits... blueberries with peaches. apples with [lums,  and raspberries with rhubarb.  Once I added raisins soaked in brandy to an apple tart and topped with a streusel.  Ymumy

Not only is this recipe easy, it is beautiful and feeds about eight easily .  

2 comments:

S Barton said...

Looks delicious and sounds fairly easy. I'll have to try it.
Sass

cq4lefleur said...

Thank you for posting this recipe. Can’t wait to make it. I’ve been a cooking fool and have a frig packed to the gills. Made Chocolate Banana zuchini bread for the freezer and fresh peach cake from Ina Gardner for eatin’. Oink. Kathy #1

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts