5/15/2019

Potting the cuttings....

I did find some great containers  for my succulent cuttings from Susie Wolfe  and I did get a drill bit so I could put drainage holes in those that needed it. The diamond bit worked like a charm.  I got the set at Amazon and they were only $15 for the whole set.  I can see I will be using them a lot.


I'm sticking to blue and white and terra cotta. 
Trying  also to keep in mind how I will get them through  the winter as well   This is all new to me..

I have some smaller pots for cuttings.  This plant life  is just what my tiny porch needed.  I had tried putting pots of petunias one year and pots of geraniums other years but it is a south facing and those pots just dried up and died.




I also planted a larger low one that I can use as a centerpiece when needed.  All the cuttings survived and most have started to root.  Two even have flowered.  I just love them.  On the right in this photo is a solar powered fountain for the hummers.  Actually it just sort of bubbles and I haven't seen a hummingbird near it but I read that the sound of water attracts them...  I can't hear it bubble but maybe they can.


A pleasant discovery was this bale cart languishing in the barn could be used for bins.  I use these 18 gallon bins all the time in the garden and usually either pull them by their handle which eventually breaks or put them on my wagon.  They fit perfectly in this cart and now are so much easier to move about.  The bale cart has been sitting unused all these years since I sold the sheep and I had been meaning to put it on craigslist but now will use it for my bins.  It was a godsend when I had to move bales of alfalfa....





Finally I finished a pet portrait and mailed it off yesterday.  I have done several portraits for Nicki  and by the time I finish one I feel I know the animal.

DIL ("the one")  is arriving tonight for a very short three-day visit but I will be so glad to see her and have a list of things I need her help with. On her last visit she taught me how to use curlers in my hair...
Here we are when we met over 25+ years ago.. I just love her dearly....

2 comments:

cq4lefleur said...

Glad to see that your energy is still perking along. Your plants and planters look great. Have fun with DIL.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Glad that your cuttings are doing well and it sounds as though you have a perfect location for them. I always seem to get over-zealous with watering and never had much luck. Lovely portrait of that lovely dog - my favourite breed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts