10/23/2018

Progress

 Here was the progress last week with just the first flowers going on.










Then the second round.  At this point I have a lot more flowers but the webs are still too obvious...  The flowers are supposed to be a stronger element than the webs... which are kind of like my little secret.

So I bring it up in my editing program on the computer  and start adding splashes of color to see what kind of balance pleases me.  I definitely want quite a few pansies and mums and the webs more enclosed..  Right now it is slow going as the silk ribbon does not pull easily through the velvet and backing.  I have to use forceps on every stitch to pull it through.. slow and hard on my arthritic hands.

My goal is to finish this side by the end of next week and start on the back....  The back is entirely different and more CQ.. same theme -cats and spiders - but a completely different approach.

3 comments:

Grovenore said...

I've read your blog for years, but I don't think I've ever commented before. I am in love with this project. It is absolutely spectacular, particularly considering you have eye issues. I admire your determination and spirit! And I hope you continue to blog for a very long time. I enjoy reading what you are up to even when you are not stitching. Also wish to say thank you. When my husband and I were planning a trip to Spokane, I used your blog to find the best thrift stores to go to, and I got lucky at a couple of them! Regards, Grovenore

justanitzybitcrazy said...

Your bag is evolving beautifully. Glad you are able to continue on with some crazy quilting and looking forward to what you come up with for the back. Have a wonderful week. Hugs :)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What would we do without forceps or pliers? I don't think there's ever a week that goes by that I don't use mine, especially with the advent of that pesky 'Arthur' in my hands. Your bag is more beautiful each time I see an update.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts