10/17/2018

Let the spider bag burst into bloom.

Let the spider bag burst into bloom.  These flowers are just scattered on here but it gives you an idea how fabulous it is going to look...  I want to make more flowers from ribbon and add beads and ribbon embroidery as well.  I added a slight padding to the cat before I appliqued it on the bag...




Last spring when I started this bag I check ebay to see what a limited edition Carl Tasha's spider buckle was listed for.....$150...  Now one   is listed at $175 and considered one of his more rare buckles.. and I got it for $10 all those years ago in Colorado...





I don't know if I have ever posted about this poor little "Wednesday" dish towel.  It is from a set I embroidered when I was just seven years old.  My very first piece of embroidery and it is a miracle that one of the set has survived all these years.  My mother and her sister had just divorced their husbands at the same time.  They bought a snazzy yellow convertible and took off to California to celebrate. My mother was only 25 years old and her sister 3 years younger. To keep me quiet and occupied she bought a kit of dishtowels with the design stamped on them.  I worked on them nonstop even in the car...   It is stained and tattered but it is one of the things I want buried with me....along with my favorite needle book.

3 comments:

Karrin Hurd said...

Gorgeous work!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm so glad the flowers reappeared because they are perfect for this project! The cat looks as though she/he is sniffing the wonderful perfume. Wouldn't it be fun if you could find the pattern for the Wednesday towel (the entire set actually)? It's definitely a treasure.

justanitzybitcrazy said...

Oh, so pretty with all the flowers on it now :) Glad you came across them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts