9/08/2018

Great button round up!!!


This panel of small pockets was originally meant to hold earrings but it has my inventory system for buttons for years.  And it has worked great as they are easily accessible and I can also easily see what I am out of.  Since I haven't painted buttons for months the pockets are mostly empty... and since I want to eventually close out the Etsy button site I started to really look at the current inventory...

I loved painting the buttons but not so fond of the following steps.. spraying with sealer,  scanning, formatting for Esty, writing descriptions, etc.,,and the buttons themselves are done in stages  and I have many in various stages of completion as I painted as the mood moved me..  I had to be in the mood to paint or I either just sat there staring at a button or I messed it up.


It hard to see but this little tray has buttons with the image sketched in pencil ready to paint.







I have several trays where the buttons, like these robins, are finished but waiting for several layers of sealer.  I like to do that when the humidity is low so the sealer hardens properly.







On my little painting table I have a lot of buttons in various stages....more robins almost done and others images I was having a problem with and just quit until a day I was calm and relaxed to start again.  This happens often with cats and pansies...


Near the computer I have lots of little trays and I try to put a sticky note what needs to be done with each tray.  Some just need to be signed, others need to be scanned and formattted, others are scanned and formatted and need to be entered on Etsy, and some trays have all of the above and just need to be bagged and inventoried.



And there are little bags of buttons with no  note and I can't remember what the heck needs to be done.










And finally I found a basket and a shoe box left from  retreats  I attended   and the buttons are still  on cards.  I nave been approached to give a slide program this fall on painting buttons and also want to have a booth at the Idaho Button Society's convention in the spring to sell remaining inventory so I won't remove these buttons from the cards just yet.

So the great button round up begins....................................


1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I laughed out loud when I saw that cute picture at the end....I can just hear you yelling 'yee haw'!! I never would have thought of an earring storage system like that for holding buttons (or any other small things that we work with) - good idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts