9/12/2018

Another lost project rescued!!!

 
When I started the beaded bird project I had a vision of them being mounted on thin pieces of wood and assembled accordion style so they could all be seen at once.  Now I am rethinking this plan and will try to combine the beaded bird with another project.
 


 In 2010 I joined CQI round robin with a specific outcome in mind.... It was a wonderful group of stitchers and included: Cathy Labath - USA, Helina Pettinen - Finland, Jeanne Gagnaux - France,  Meg Shaffer - USA, and Ritva Peltola - Finland...  I had signed up for a seams-only round robin because I had planned to  incorporate them into a jacket made from this pattern.
At that time I bought a gorgeous olive-green brocade fabric at a thrift store for the jacket.  Eight years later the fabric is still hanging in my work room and the round robin blocks are waiting in a basket on a shelf.
When I put the beaded birds on the blocks on the brocade it was a match made it heaven


2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Definitely meant to be! Now my curiosity is aroused to know what they will all become...I'm envisioning a book perhaps?

e said...

Hi, Gerry! It's Susan Nixon (via visiting my friend, Edi, and using her computer), from a decade ago! I was looking around for news of Carole Samples (do you have any?), and I came across your blog again. Nice to see what you are doing, too. These seem to be on the road to something really unique and interesting. I'll have to try to come back on my computer when I get home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts