3/22/2017

Lily's portrait on a button

Beloved Lily is Nicki Lee's theme for CQJP2017 and she had me paint her portrait on a button... Have you ever seen a dog with such a happy smile.  It kept me smiling as I painted it... The portrait is on a antique 2" MOP button.

I'm so grateful I can still paint on buttons... In  fact it is the only stress-free  hobby I have now...  The only really useful vision I have left is the peripheral vision in my left eye.. and it is nearly impossible to keep anything focused as either things or my head shifts.  But because the size of a button is such a small field of vision and I can keep it both it and my head still, I can still enjoy painting....or course the large magnifying lamp is a godsend..



3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Lily is quite obviously a sweet girl - both the real picture AND the painted one too. So glad you can see to paint!!!

margaret said...

what a beautiful button you have mad for Nicky

Marilyn said...

So nice that Nicki Lee will have your beautiful painted memory of Lily Lee. Such a happy smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts