8/19/2014

Fitzy's blocks for the Diva RR arrived... They are an excellent example of why I love RRs... They force me to try and explore outside my comfort zone... She lives in Arizona and each of her blocks has an image of a vintage motel sign as the focus..  The sign "No-Tel Motel" appealed to my  sense of whimsy and had lots of risqué possibilities.














But in the end I chose the Tucson Motel.. I loved the colors and the lines in the sign....    
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Fitzy specifically mentioned cactus and so include those....especially one in bloom... I will study some turquoise and coral vintage jewelry for inspiration for seam treatments... and of course a bird when possible.  Since Fitzy is a runner (even with a broken toe), what could be more perfect than a roadrunner... And of course a motel key.... Claudia included keys also and I thought that was a ideal icon to repeat through the blocks.

I will post the block on a bulletin board and think about it for several days before I actually start..  The thinking and making decisions is the most delicious part...












3 comments:

Marilyn said...

What a fun block to work on. I have my design wall set up behind me so when I'm at my computer all I have to do is swirl my chair and I can see it. DH has stopped asked what I'm doing when he comes in and sees me apparently just staring into space.

Suztats said...

I shall watch this with interest as I know Fitzy through another blog,too. aAlways learning watching your creations take shape. Thank you.

Maureen said...

I enjoy so much seeing how you embellish blocks. I think this is going to be a fun one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts