7/20/2011

Progress Ritva's block

The block itself is finished and just waiting for me to do the birds... I did add more bullion roses to the left side and embellished with a lot of beading which doesn't show up too well in the photo.  I did manage to get in one nice seam  across the bottom which defines the lower patch...  I'm so glad I put the green lace on at the very beginning as I think  works better than adding even more stitched foliage.









Since it was so heavily stitched it was a bit puckery and  REALLY needed to be blocked...  So I have it stretched and pinned and will leave it a couple days...

2 comments:

Cathy K said...

Absolutely breathtaking, Gerry. Can’t wait to see it with the birds on.
Hugs, Cathy

MosaicMagpie said...

Thank you again for the advice on blocking. I have purchased the fusible knit and will be using it soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts