7/22/2011

Adding to a block returned home.....

This little 6" block was stitched for me by Cathy LaBath in a "Seams Only" RR last winter.. Cathy's seams sorta morphed into motifs..and I love them. By the very nature of the RR there were some open areas in the bottom patches....  I have something special planned for this piece and wanted those areas filled in with some surface texture... more encrusted...



I chose to use what Cathy had done and just add more of it to fill in...  I matched the thread the best I could and am happy with the result. 

I had planned to add motifs to the other blocks in that RR  and use them on a jacket but it's not going to happen so I think I will add some of the "Girls with Dolls" images and some lace and combine them with the ones that will be coming home soon...

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Looks mighty fine if I do say so myself!

Mosaic Magpie said...

The additions are perfect!
Deb

Susan Elliott said...

Ahh Ger! Your stitching has indeed completed the block. Looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts