10/07/2010

Update on "Seams Only" block

My first step was to start working lightly around the block with the colors I chose as focal colors.... green, pink and ivory...trying to keep it balanced. Now I will really get serious about the seams now. The oval pink beaded centers in the lace are repeated with the white hyacinths upper right..
Some design elements that you might want to note....... I do want to bring tiny bits of the blue around the blocks. But I did not want to bring the orange into the block so I overwhelmed it with the lacy daisies seam.. I love the little pink dots on the ribbon and will probably echo that somewhere else...
I always try to pick up elements from the blocks before me in a DYB and Cathy had a lot of lovely floral seams in the block she did so I will carry on with that now....
I only had two dark MOP buttons and painted haunted houses on them. One is 1 1/4" and the other is 1 1/2". Unfortunately I just couldn't capture the dark iridescence color with camera...but they are cool believe me! I added them to my etsy shop.. I have some new 18/0 brushes by Loew Cornell and I love them... The handles are very fat and easy to hold. An 18/0 makes a 10/0 brush look so big....

1 comment:

Mosaic Magpie said...

Another great lesson. Such detail in your buttons. I must look for those paint brushes.
Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts