10/12/2010

Now I'm rockin'......

I know. I know... I'm repeating myself but if I don't someone will ask... I'm starting the rocks on felt just like I would a bird......outlined with a very tight chain stitch... but with the rocks I outlined every rock to have neat edges to catch threads into... The nice thing about having 50 years of good old cotton DMC thread is that you acquire a huge variety of colors.. I must have 20 shades of gray in my cotton thread stash..

I also got an email from Susie W. offering advice on using Edmar thread... I'm going to try it and am passing it along to you...

Susie W: "I got a beginning BE book published by Edmar. As I was reading I noted they say after you cut a length of thread you should 'twist' the ends. One end will ravel much more easily and further up the length of thread. This is the end you should knot ..... putting the other end through the needle eye. I did this (correctly once) and my stitching went great. Did it again (incorrectly) and had an awful time - the thread twisted funny and made knots - in fact I then stopped .... knotted the other end ..... and was a happy stitcher again. Don't know if this will help you, but may be worth a try." Thanks Susie I will try it as I do love the glossy look of the threads...

2 comments:

Ruby said...

Your rocks interest me. Funny about monitors/computers, all that gray thread looks blue to me!

Susan Elliott said...

Rock on Baby!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts