3/03/2024

old costume jewelry renewed

 


I did manage to get a two-strand necklace from the beads I recently posted.  I had to work out a few technical issues and restring one of the strands.  I am happy with it and it is ready for my friend to finish the ends.

 I had these plastic beading trays with grooves, and   they are working well for me.

I have the beads settled in the grooves, so I don’t have to worry about them shifting. 

 I want to make a couple of turquoise necklaces while I'm in the mood.  I gathered two necklaces, two bracelets, and one money clip.   I will see what I can do with them.  My criterion was finding beads with a hole  large enough that I can feel it.

 We had rain, snow, and hail this last week.  So this project is just what I needed.  It’s not that I need more jewelry, because I seldom go anywhere anymore.  But just playing with beads will help pass the time until I  can work in the garden.

2 comments:

lacysuzette said...

L-O-V-E your “newly remodeled” bead necklaces! They remind me of the late Iris Apfel who accessorized her wardrobe with large beaded jewelry. In her words—“More is more & less is a bore”, so carry on!

S Barton said...

The 2 strand necklace turned out beautiful. Put it on when you wear your fancy apron on cooking day! Looking forward to seeing the turquoise necklace.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts