10/25/2021

Me Again!!!!

I am supposing that I have lost most of my readers since it has been about 9 months since I posted. But I have to admit I miss posting a lot. I had written iver 2000 posts and had over 1.5 million hits. Posting was a combination of a diary and a way to share my life with friends. To communicate online now  I depend mostly on the capabilities of speech recognition and text to voice programs . The speech recognition is filled with errors and I struggle with all the Narrator commands but keep working at it.  It's awkward but I'm trying to find a better way. 

I spent most of the summer in therapy classes recovering from a stroke which affected my right side.. But now I am as good as I'm going to get.

Thank heavens for my garden. It si the only place I feel normal and spent dawn to dusk all summer transforming my small patch . Most of my time was either digging up sod or dealing with it. After I dug it up I removed the soil and screened it. The fibrous parts are composting and the lovely screened soil (without rocks) went back into the beds. Now that chore is behind me and I can focus on fine tuning the multitude of plants I brought from the farm. I also have some others projects I;ve done and lots of things in the works.... hope to share it all.

13 comments:

justanitzybitcrazy said...

I kept checking here for some updates on all your projects inside and out. So glad you are on the mend, I hadn't heard that you had a stroke. Funnily enough I am creating a lace keepsake journal around my final painted button. The autumn robin that I had purchased many years back. The keepsake has an autumn theme to it and I hope you will take a look (if possible) when I get it finished. Hugs and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Helen White

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Welcome back Gerry - you've been missed for sure! Sorry you've had health issues and hope that you're mending quickly.

Grovenore said...

Welcome back! You have been missed. Even though we have never met, I feel like you are a friend after reading your blog for many years. I loved reading about your crazy quilting adventures and now I love reading about your yard and home transformation. Grovenore

Lady Locust said...

Good to see you back :-) Looking forward to hearing more from you and seeing your beautiful garden.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Welcome back :) I miss your posts and I'm glad to hear that all is well with you.

Margaret said...

It's good to see and hear from you again -- and to know you're recovering well from your stroke -- especially in spirit, which is the most important thing! Your smiling face says a great deal and is lovely to see. I hope you are able to post and send you a hug and blessings for whatever is to come.

Julie said...

So nice to see your smiling face! Welcome back!

margaret said...

so sorry to read about your stroke but things are looking positive and pray you will continue to make progress.

S Barton said...

Oh Gerry so sorry to hear of your stoke! I can't tell you how many times I've gone to your blog waiting for an update on your garden. Glad you are doing well enough to get out in the garden. I know the struggle you must have with voice/text, try to remember not to speak louder into the mike area but to speak a little slower but without hesitation, each word succinctly in normal voice. I had difficulty when car phones started used speakers. Seemed they never understood me until i started using that method. I sure wish you well and hope you getting your garden prepared for winter. BTW, I've made your lovely pumpkin bread a couple of times the last couple of months. I love it! Take care of yourself.

Beth French said...

Every week I check to see if you are back, so today was a good surprise. You look great and I am happy to read that you have been gardening, so good for the soul.

cjqlt said...

Welcome back! What a sweet, wonderful surprise....you have been so missed. I am sorry about your stroke, but thrilled that you are finding ways to communicate. Keep up your spirits and looking forward to your posts.

Lauri said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your stroke I am glad to hear you are on your way to recovery!
Your garden is a great source of comfort and will continue I'm sure
Lauri

IvoryAnn said...

Dear Gerry, I have missed you, I have read your Blog and been on the Crazy Quilt lists with you but I have never felt confident enough to join into a RR with you. I have looked for you for months and wondered what happened. I just happened to find you today while looking through Pinterest and following up on Shirlee Fassell. So sorry about your stroke and am glad you had therapy and are doing well. My husband had a stroke a year ago. Looking forward to hearing more from you. Best wishes. Sandra Mannen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts