10/26/2021


I love upcycling....giving something a second or third life is great.  But it is not often I get to give something a fourth life.  Such is the case with this piece of iron..  It started out as a headboard and then for a while it was the back to a bench in the garden at the farm and next it became part of a gate in the sheep pasture.  I couldn't resist moving it along to the new house...not sure what it would become here but it is now the decorative back to my much loved and much used potting bench.


 

I have always had some type of potting area.  I love to take cuttings, do divisions, and nurse along small plants,  The area by the garage (about 12' x 12') has evelolved into my "work" area and the star feature is this potting bench...  The shelves are wire closet shelving from a thrift store.  During the summer I used it almost every day and the piece of iron gives it an elegant old world touch.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

It's a great potting bench! And a wonderful piece of iron. Glad it found yet another life.

Jane R said...

I was so happy to see your post!!! So glad you are back. I have always enjoyed your blog so much.

S Barton said...

I love that the old iron piece has served many purposes and it looks beautiful in your potting bench! Forgot to comment about your last picture, you look beautiful!
Sass

justanitzybitcrazy said...

Fabulous upcycle Gerry !! Love it. Hugs from Helen

justanitzybitcrazy said...

Fabulous upcycle Gerry !! Love it. Hugs from Helen

Unknown said...

Love this idea. Love to see all your garden in bloom sometime. Hugs, Helen

Magpie's Mumblings said...

There's always something about old iron pieces that is quite beautiful. I'm glad you have saved, and enjoyed, that piece and have managed to find multiple uses for it.

cjqlt said...

Welcome back! You have been missed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts