10/18/2020

YES,YES, YES, and a big BUT

 Running trim is the term used for the narrow strip running around the top of a Victorian porch.  It is available  two ways..... affordable (faux and synthetic) and outrageous (real wood spindles) and I went for the affordable.  But all sites listed it as not available until Nov.  I ordered it anyway but had just about decided to cancel the order when it showed up on my porch. 

 
It was pretty tacky looking out of the box and very difficult to paint.  


But much to my surprise I loved it when I got the first piece up. and it is just the finishing touch my project  needed.  It is slow going putting it up and took most of the day doing this one piece doing the routing on the saw as I sold my router when we moved.









Here is a piece temporarily perched on the largest "frame " which just yesterday I was planning to disassemble and make smaller... but the running trim is bold enough to bring it together.  I had ordered three sections of the trim and one was intended for the spot the new stained glass will occupy and now I have adjusted my plan once again to use that piece of trim elsewhere... 

The big BUT is that I will need another set of cast iron shelf supports.  I started out ordering a set of 4 and keep ordering just one more set and blindly refuse to add up the cost..... Luckily our deck is covered and I can work out on even cool misty days like today.


5 comments:

JustGail said...

I'm glad your absence was due to busy busy busy with garden and other things, not virus!! I hope you are on the mend from the fall. I guess if good side, it wasn't arm or leg broken??? Too bad about the one bulb order, I hope it was because they ran out of bulbs due to the increase in people taking up gardening, not just bad company. If so, they should refund your money.

Wow, your deck is looking good, quite the difference from the one in the background.

Penny Wessenauer (d0npen) said...

oh! This is fun! don't you just love that big "but..." *smile* Great job here Gerry!

Momma Bear said...

When one little thing makes all the difference. Looks wonderful Gerry!

justanitzybitcrazy said...

Hi Gerry, It's been awhile since I stop by your blog for look see at what amazing things that you have been upto. I do miss your crazy quilting blogs, and wasn't sure if the whole gardening thing would keep my interest, but alas, you make it so interesting, that now I am hooked. I once dreamed of an English garden, but really don't even know where to start. So will enjoy instead the creation of your outdoor space, which is coming along beautifully. Enjoy the journey and keep well. xo

S Barton said...

Wow what a transformation! I love it. There's not much that will keep you down. Stay well Gerry.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts