7/26/2020

A tree for Morris!!

Most of the houses in this community have a tree in their front garden and most of the residents have small dogs which they walk around the community at least once a day so all the trees are well anointed with dog urine and all trees are eagerly sniffed on every round.  We are one of the few houses without this feature and so Morris can hold his head (and leg) high with pride I planted his very own tree which was a start from a friend.


I have it protected with chicken wire until it can hold its own against the dog traffic.













There is one house on our street with BOTH a lamp post and a tree. It is the only lamppost on our street.   Dogs get so excited they are not sure which one to pee on first.  And with these two great status symbols, this owner does not even have a dog!!!!

It will take a while but eventually Morris's tree will be lovely.  And what tree is appropriate for Morris.... a dogwood tree of course!!


3 comments:

Bobbie said...

Gerry, So pleased to see that you are posting again. All you are accomplishing is remarkable. You inspire me to do more with my yard although, I fall short with my gardening skills. Miss you at the bridge table but isn't it interesting that I am content to work in my garden and take care of the indoors feeling like I have all the time in the world. Life is peaceful as long as I don"t watch the news. All the best.....Bobbie

JustGail said...

Wow, you've been a busy lady - no wonder posts were not a priority. Your gardens are looking good!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

The Morris tree made me smile. I'm sure he's grateful to be able to hold his leg up with the best of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts