1/22/2020

Progress on the door!!!

  I have started working on the door to the bonus room. I set it up in the kitchen by the slider so I get the glorious morning sun.  You can see the door leaning against the wall on the right. Whenever I'm too tired to be moving and lifting stuff or I have an odd hour I work on it,  All the time I was painting the kitchen island and pantry I worked in this spot with both magnifying lamps at hand.  I also wear a LED light on an elastic head band.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Once again I'm changing my style as my eyesight diminishes.  Here I have it pretty much blocked in now using big foam brushes from the dollar store.  I plan the painting by gathering my parts much like I did crazy quilting.  I know that I want a path, a fence, a pond, some sheep, a barn and a pond with ducks.  I am starting lower left with the path and work my way up the path adding bits here and there.... just like I was walking into the painting. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here I've starting working with smaller sponges and got in a lot of the landscape detail. You can see how much the tree on the left grew between photo sessions.  I'm thinking the trees on the right are going to turn into willows...  At the very last I will add smaller touches here and there with a brush.....like the sheep and barn in the distance.    Not quite clear how I'm handling the upper squares except there will be a bird nest.  I might just paint every door in the house









For now the kitchen is finished and the new sink and countertops are in... Not a lot of color here but there will be when I add the Mexican tiles and divider of vintage stained glass.  I can just visualize this early morning light filling the house with color from the glass.  But it has to wait until the weather gets warmer and I can work on the saw in the garage to build the frame.  I desperately need to replace the lights but that will wait too until I do a little more research.  I need the brightest light possible but would like it to be dimmable.  If I am going to buy lights and pay a electrician to install them I want to be doubly sure I am getting what I need and want before I go ahead.


2 comments:

Joan said...

I am so enjoying watching you make your new house into a wonderful home with a flavor all your own. Your painting work is just fabulous!

cq4lefleur said...

Your talent is shining through. Looking forward to seeing it in person. You are unstopppable.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts