12/21/2019

the bathroom is coming along... now

I had a pretty clear image for how I wanted to do just about every room in the new house except for one bathroom that everyone will use. To begin with it had grey floor, grey countertops and a mirror with grey trim. Too grey.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I loved the wallpaper border that I had in the farmhouse bathroom. It was wide and die-cut and country but funky.   But they don't make it anymore.   I've searched and searched and I finally bought this die-cut border but it just wasn't quite what I wanted. Then my  granddaughter Leigha in Alaska sent me an email that she was sending me a thrift store shower curtain for my new house. I couldn't imagine a shower curtain worth shipping all the way to Spokane.
 
 
 
It came today and what a treasure!  It is beautifully  embellished with ribbon embroidery and old lace.  This photo does not do it justice. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When I hung it today and put it next to the wallpaper border and   it was a match made in heaven. Once I get the curtain pressed, the wrought iron braces up and a few more finishing touches the bathroom is going to be just great.
 
 I took down the gray mirror and brought a white one from the barn but it's the wrong size so I  have another one I'll bring from the barn the next time I come and I think it will work. What would I do without my barn.  It is better than Lowes and Home Depot all rolled into one. 
 
 
 
  I just need a piece of artwork in place of the cupboard the wall .  I think maybe I will frame a piece of crazy quilting .
 
 
 
 
 
I brought the little gray angel  and with the pink flowers it livens up the grey  I think I'm going to have a winner here.  I do wish the bathroom had a window.  Maybe I need to put a faux window in there....


3 comments:

Suzie in Idaho said...

Absolutely love all you have done. Bath looks terrific. Suzie in Idaho

Cathy said...

Everything is looking so wonderful. What about framing one of your landscape CQ pieces to look like a window. You could add faux “shutters” (painted) or little fabric “curtains” to make it larger as necessary.

S Barton said...

What a score on your shower curtain! Love what you're doing. Sass in CDA ID

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts