4/15/2019

Will "Wet & Wild" reverse the trend???

My fashion favorites tend to run in cycles.  Years ago I went through a maxi dress phase and another was denim jumpers.  For years I was crazy about hats, especially straw hats. and wore them all the time.  It was my opinion that no matter what you were wearing, if you added a hat people thought you were "dressed up."  Then it was blazers and jackets and that was my first stop in thrift stores.  Again you could be wearing sweat pants but if you added a nice blazer people would think you were "dressed up." I accumulated a large selection of lovely jackets which I hardly wear any more.

Then I found myself unconsciously heading right for the cardigan section of thrift stores.  For years my only cardigans were an old blue and old red one I wore around the house in the winter and now quite unwittingly I was acquiring  a section in my closet devoted to cardigans... what was happening??

In my life only really old ladies wore cardigans,  I had three grandmas and they all wore cardigans over housedresses made of little prints.  In fact all the old ladies in my youth wore the same thing....it was almost the official uniform for proper little old ladies such as Miss Marple.  So now I find myself with a collection of cardigans which is growing.  There was one more thing old ladies of my youth all wore... heavy support hose rolled at the knees. And now I am having trouble with my left ankle swelling I too am wearing a support hose.... a pattern is beginning to form.

And it gets worse... both my grandma Craig and DH's grandma Koverik cut out sections of their shoes to ease the pain of bunions.  And I look down and sure enough I have cut a hole in my "at home" footwear to ease the pain of my bunion,  In fact on my right foot I have cut out section for a sore toe.

So it looks official that without knowing it I have fitted myself out as an old lady... Yesterday we were at Walmart and I bought a tube of "Wet & Wild" lipstick hoping to reverse the trend,





5 comments:

justanitzybitcrazy said...

Lol, you go girl!! Age is a frame of mind!!
Take care,
Hugs,
Helen

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh geez. I have not reached the point of having to cut those holes in my shoes, but I admit that I search for just the right sandals to wear as long as the weather permits. I have a uniform of sorts. Usually jeans or shorts and a t-shirt covered by a denim shirt. I admit to going through my own stages. I admit I love to wear hats, but wore them more when I worked than I do now. In retirement I feel like wearing a hat to Walmart makes me over dressed, lol. I also admit to buying the less expensive brands of make-up that I rarely wear anymore.
xx, Carol

Shirlee Fassell said...

Wet and Wild..... I do like it..... it brightens your face and makes you look “dressed up”!

cq4lefleur said...

You are sooo funny

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I think you should go back and get a tube of that Wet & Wild in ALL the colours!!! Funny how, as we get older, we tend not to care about what other people think and realize that comfort should be key. I must admit I pretty much live in jeans and was quite horrified when I read not too long ago that jeans were 'not the thing' for ladies past a certain age. Since I passed that 'certain age' a number (!) of years ago, I guess I'll never be in fashion. Cardigans, here I come!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts