3/26/2019

Sad farewell and a new beginning...

Today I sold my precious tractor which I loved more than any car I've had.  I had it 34 years and moved tons of gravel, mulch and alfalfa bales with it... I always used it to groom the trail in the forest as well.   I haven't even used it for 3 years and knew it must go but making the decision was so hard.  Luckily I sold it to a new young neighbor about a mile away and he said I can come visit it anytime. In all those years DH hadn't been on it even once.  It was definitely my toy and I shall always have fond memories.

But moving on ...our health insurance includes a membership in a gym and we have never taken advantage of it.  But now that I am suppose to do cardio exercises we decided to join the YMCA and we can drop in whenever is convenient and use the equipment.  DH has been using a regular recumbent bike machine but I have fallen in love with this recumbent cross trainer machine which exercises the arms as well as the legs.

When I started yoga I had to get all the accessories to have the "look"  So now I had to have earbuds to listen to music and  a water bottle.  Then I noticed they all walked around with towels around their neck and had sweaty foreheads.  So I drape a towel around my neck and splash some water on my forehead.  With each session I increase the resistance and time and am now doing 40 minutes at 4 resistance,  Good considering I started at zero.

It is fun because we go together and I do feel stronger and healthier than I have in a long time.

3 comments:

Shirlee Fassell said...

You are looking good Gerry! Send me your address so I can send you my button.

Momma Bear said...

Good for you Gerry! It's so nice to have a gym buddy so much easier to actually go when you know there is someone to encourage you.
That looks like it was an excellent tractor! At least it is going to a good family that will love it as much as you did.
You are looking like you feel better too.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm sure your tractor will be well loved at the new home. Proves it was well-made to have been in service for that long!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts