3/28/2019

I can handle pencils and poor girldog!


 Our home insurer, Hartford sent me a The 30-Day Declutter Challenge   written by Johnna Kaplan.  Spring always spurs me to declutter and now with moving and downsizing looming in our future it is even more so on my mind.  I tried the book where you take everything out and only put back only the things you really love... Which is the problem  because I really love everything I have.  But this challenge starts small...  The first day you sort pens and pencils and I can handle that.  I don't even think there is a single one I really love.  Anyway I printed the challenge out and put it on a clipboard and allow myself 90 days to do the 30 day challenge.  It did say at the end if you have lived where you are more than 20 years, you may have to consider  the first 30 day challenge  as phase one....we've been here 39 years so let phase one begin...
 
Yesterday morning our neighbors' dog showed up when I was feeding my chickens and she had a muzzle full of porcupine quills.  There was no way I could hold her and pull them so when DH got home he put some forceps in his pocket and walked over and offered to help   pull them... Neighbor's response was "She got them in and she can get them out" and when DH pointed out they could easily get infected, his response was "I don't give a shit!" and slammed the door in DH's face.  This neighbor is such a despicable human being. We will  be a  more vigilant with Morris knowing that we have a porcupine hanging around.  Haven't seen one since last fall.  When girldog shows up again we will have everything at hand to help her.

You can see how big she is... it will take two of us to hold her and get the quills out.  Every time I hear the neighbor shooting off his automatic handguns I am fearful for her health and safety.  One day when he was depressed he shot ALL his small animals...rabbits, ducks, chickens, etc. So he is not only despicable, he is scary.

5 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Thank you for the link. We have been living in out house 40 years and we are downsizing. The official declutterer is my husband :) At first he was reluctant but now I have to watch what he's throwing out LOL. But it's all good because he admits that he is the one with the most stuff. I have been downsizing my possessions for about 3 years in anticipation of a move. Still there is a lot but then I think of moving it all and I cringe.

Momma Bear said...

Dear lord! poor dogg-o! I can't imagine trying to declutter this place!My stuff would be easy but my Hubbs keeps EVERYTHING!
Though it's my Moms place that gives me the Heebies! She gets rid of things by sending them to me or the kids. o.0! we get Nana boxes full of scarves, jewelry, books and clothing too small for any of us ;) they are always fun to go through and someone always likes sOmething from the box But my goodness they keep coming 2-3 times a year and show no sign of slowing down!

gocrazywithme said...

If it's possible to hate someone I've never met, I hate your neighbor. I want to poke him full of porcupine quills.

If Girldog is still around when you move, could you take her? I know it would technically be stealing, but.....

Marilyn said...

We've been trying to get our house ready to list - hopefully by the end of next week. DH was sick for about 1 1/2 months and DDIL has been diagnosed with ALS so DS can't come out to do the stuff he was going to do. So it will have to go as a fixer upper although I've been painting some moldings and doors just so it looks clean.....and washing walls. Hate washing walls. But I've been purging for the last year or so because I knew this was in the works. I've been absolutely ruthless but now its DH's turn and he is really having a hard time letting go of things. But I keep telling him we won't have nearly as much room where ever we move so he's trying. I'm tired and cranky and just want to get done so I can relax and do some sewing and stitching.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh my goodness - it's no wonder you want to move!! Having a moron for a neighbour certainly doesn't lead to being too comfortable, to say nothing of the poor dog. A person like that doesn't deserve to have animals. It's no wonder she comes to visit you....it's probably the only kindness she ever sees.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts