2/20/2019

What's the view?


I just realized how many pictures I've posted of me in this spot on the couch with Morris.  What I also realized is that you haven't a clue what I am always looking at.  On a good day we start out chatting on the couch with Morris and our coffee and end the day the same way.  We are always in the same spots on the couch.   Although I gave up coffee in the hospital and am now drinking hot ginger lemon herbal tea.
What I haven't shown you is that the couch is right by the window and we are watching two of the feeders while we chat. This week we had a special visit from a Varied Thrush...an infrequent happening and we were delighted to be there to see it.  At this time of year our bird population is mostly juncos, house finches, goldfinches, quail, mourning doves, Eurasian doves, chickadees, red-winged blackbirds and the occasional hawk, magpie, and woodpecker. In the evening we watch the deer come and tidy up under the feeders. Soon the juncos will be moving north and the bluebirds, nuthatches, song sparrows, robins, and all the other summer birds will be arrive.
 
In late November I shared that I had bought seven amaryllis bulbs at a closeout sale.  I knew they were too late for Christmas but as it worked out the first one bloomed the week I got  home from rehab and the last one opened yesterday...  Next fall I will watch for the closeout sales on these bulbs so I will have them into February again.
 
 


4 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

It's great that you are doing so well, keep it up and I shall look forward to seeing more of you work.
Briony
x

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Terry and I have recliners that look out onto the front deck where the bird feeders are. My kids get so mad because when they visit we always have an eye on the feeders while they are talking. Sorry to say most times the feeders are more interesting!!
xx, Carol

gocrazywithme said...

I am glad to see you are doing well and enjoying your view. Morris must be doubly glad to have you home.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Being able to sit in a comfortable spot and watch the birds (warm doggie by your side) has to be one of the joys of life. I often have mourning doves peeking in the my sewing room window.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts