Getting in the groove......
As I am making headway I'm moving in several directions. First before I started any new pieces I had a few that needed repair or redesign and this is one for several reasons... first the metal chains weren't hanging like I wanted... second the bird wouldn't stay flat because of the way the charms were attached it kept tipping out... third I used a magnetic clasp which wreaked havoc with the metal parts and was a magnetic tangled clump the minute I took it off. But I liked the concept well enough to try to remedy some of these problems.
First I removed the magnetic clasp and chains... then I added a filigree piece to the backside of the bird which stabilized it and then hung the charms from the filigree rather than the bird which solved that problem.
I added cones to the end of the pink beads which looked nicer than just the wire guards. Now I'm deciding if and how I want to reattach the chains..
I'm trying to quickly learn about all the techniques, tools, and supplies. Doing crazy quilting I always tried new materials and techniques on each new project and will do the same with the jewelry.
On the painting front I have made little progress on my bear and when I was looking for possibilities for mounting it I found this crescent shaped acrylic piece and with some repair I think it will work.
You can see where sometime ago I cut off a chain and the holes are still in the corners. A little time with a file will fix that and I will drill some new holes. The black hanging beads have to go. But it will be next to be finished.
All these pendants just have a hole and I have been looking at pendants on the internet and have found many very creative ideas for attaching the pendant to the necklace rather than just using a simple jump ring. So I will start a file on "attachment variations"
I had a rude wake up call this am. When I tried to upload pictures from my camera to my old computer it wouldn't work. At first I thought it was the camera but after some testing discovered my USB port was malfunctioning. I had to reboot it twice to get it to work. All my favorite editing and photo software are not compatible with the new computer and I depend on the old system for all that. I did buy another computer months ago with the old color bit mode but have never transferred the files. Not only had I better load the other computer and transfer files, I had better save all the pagemaker files to a cloud.. It is so easy to put that kind of stuff off as it is no fun at all.
Remember the soutache jewelry from the other day... Well I have a huge hug and thank you for Jocelyne Ausseil who found this fantastic tuto...
Pigtails and Quilts is having a "Crazy Quilts are Quilts Too" celebrating crazy quilting and I'm pleased to be participatin...
Addendum: Here are a couple websites with tutorials... http://historicalsewing.com/pleated-trim-jazz-your-victorian-neckline https...
Marilyn Nepper in Canada really got busy on her computer and found some great sites with even greater instructions... She even found ...