I finished the antique lace cover I made for my granddaughter Madi's guest book for her wedding in March. I'm so happy to be able to contribute to the big event. She is my oldest son's only child. The laces are all from my most treasured stash and the button on the front is also an antique which I hand painted.
Here is a view of the back. Unfortunately all of the beadwork does not show up in the photo.'
It opens nicely and lays flat.
I tried a new technique to anchor the cover to book. In the past I have used filet crocheted lace to attach a cover. This time I bought cream-colored, knee-high nylon tights and cut a length that would slide tightly over the cover. Then I anchored the finished cover to the nylon. It works beautifully. The nylon tight section stretches tightly over the entire cover and on the inside is barely noticeable. Very tidy indeed.
I blogged about trying this technique October 22nd when I started this project not knowing if it would work... delighted it did. I can see great possibly for this technique in other book making applications.
Remember the soutache jewelry from the other day... Well I have a huge hug and thank you for Jocelyne Ausseil who found this fantastic tuto...
Pigtails and Quilts is having a "Crazy Quilts are Quilts Too" celebrating crazy quilting and I'm pleased to be participatin...
Marilyn Nepper in Canada really got busy on her computer and found some great sites with even greater instructions... She even found ...
Addendum: Here are a couple websites with tutorials... http://historicalsewing.com/pleated-trim-jazz-your-victorian-neckline https...