6/17/2017

As promised a picture of the table.

As promised a picture of the table.  This dinner had been scheduled since March and I was so glad that the roses obliged and bloomed on time (barely).

I started collecting this pattern of vintage Vernon Rose pottery (c. 1965-1975) years and years ago and it has become a tradition to use it when the roses are in bloom. The pink goblets and salad plate are French and also a long ago purchase... But the  ruffled hobnail bowls are a new addition to my collections.  They are from the 40s by Anchor Hocking and called "Moonstone Opalescent"  I couldn't believe I had never seen it, but I had lunch at my cousin's recently and she had a set.  I fell in love with it and was able to find some bowls and dessert dishes on Etsy for a very reasonable price.  It will go with everything which is great because almost all of my dishware are not complete sets and having something to fill in my bits and pieces is nice.

We were having a beef dish so I got out my crystal knife rests to help protect the vintage lace and embroidery tablecloth. Since I never buy tourist-type souvenirs, I always try to buy something for my table or my kitchen as reminders of a trip.  I bought these gorgeous antique crystal knife rests in Amsterdam in 1992.  They came in this beautiful leather box lined with silk... It was the best bargain I ever got and a great reminder of the trip every time I use them..

But even though I love to cook a special meal and set a pretty table, the real joy comes with sharing it all with friends.  We rarely  go out to drink or dine so having friends for dinner is a major part of our social life.

All in all the evening was a great success and DH helps with all the dishwashing......

5 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your friends look so happy and it's no wonder, after seeing such a pretty table setting AND being able to taste all the goodies you made.

margaret said...

very pretty table ware you have there sounds like a fun dinner party

Shirlee Fassell said...

Your table is lovely! I also love to have dinner guests.

Unknown said...

You amaze me! Love your dinner table and the menu is to die for. (Wish my husband and I were the lucky guests). I love tablescapes and all that comes with it. Peonies are my favorite plants and finally have increased my lot. My husband and I after 45 years here finally put up a deer fence around my secret garden. My "Tiny Cozy Cottage has finally come to fruition but still have to hook up the electricity and water. I have decided not to play Bridge for the month of June to be able to work around home. Reading about all your pursuits and interests makes me admire your endeavors.

Marilyn said...

Beautiful place settings, beautiful flowers, wonderful friends and someone to help with washing up. Can't get much better than that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts