2/20/2015

Crowns, fans, paisleys all the same technique....

My last post was how I did the crowns.  I should have mentioned that they were exactly the same way I did the fans for the suffrage quilt... off block and on felt.  Remember these.










Here they are rough cut and waiting to be trimmed closely and attached to the block. I always try to do these type of projects on fabric that matches the block so the backing does not show through the beading.


















Doing it on felt did not work well at all for the paisley.  So I am still doing them off block but on silk backed with fusible knit.  The 15s are working well and Shirlee Fassell sent me some teeny tiny pastel sequins which are sooooooooo perfect.
 
I am doing a LOT of stitching while sitting with my mother and have both March and April CQJP 2015 almost done.  I was working on a small folding table that was an awkward height.  One of the nursing aides brought me a adjustable bedside table so now I can comfortably do some beading on the paisleys as well.

6 comments:

Shirlee Fassell said...

So glad the sequins are working out!
Prayers to your mom and you.

Mosaic Magpie said...

How sweet of one of the aides to bring you a table. Not only looking out for the patients, but their visitors as well. I would imagine you are spending so much time there you have gotten to know most everyone. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
xo,
Deb

Marilyn said...

I still love those fans. And the paisleys too. And how nice that the aide was so considerate and brought you a table so that you can work more comfortably. Hugs

black bear cabin said...

these are lovely and soooo inspiring! thank you for always sharing :) hugs to you and your mom.

Suztats said...

Thinking of you and sending prayers. The paisleys are looking so beautiful.

Unknown said...

Your beading on those fans is stunning. You have such a creative mind to come up with all of those variations. It is a joy just looking at your work!
Thanks for sharing your process for us "newbies"!! Cindy R. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts