All the motifs are birds, critters, bugs and flowers in my garden and I wanted them to be in harmony with the size of the patches. Motifs too large would overwhelm the piece and motifs too small would get lost... Since I am doing these "off-piece" I figured I couldn't go wrong using a 4" hoop. I traced the 4" on my foundations and sketched a few motifs. Just to double check
I traced them onto paper, cut them out and tested them on the patches.
I know this is a repeat because those who follow know I use paper cutouts a lot to test for size and placement... I prepared 20 little foundations from cotton hankerchiefs backed with fusible knit tricot interfacing... I may change my mind about using beads because I find I want to add them to every seam..... heard it said it is great to be flexible... LOL
I found a super large men's sweatshirt at the thrift store and it only took a couple seams.
Since I need an extra bed in the barn I will make another one and maybe one to take to travel...quick and easy
Remember the soutache jewelry from the other day... Well I have a huge hug and thank you for Jocelyne Ausseil who found this fantastic tuto...
Pigtails and Quilts is having a "Crazy Quilts are Quilts Too" celebrating crazy quilting and I'm pleased to be participatin...
Addendum: Here are a couple websites with tutorials... http://historicalsewing.com/pleated-trim-jazz-your-victorian-neckline https...
Marilyn Nepper in Canada really got busy on her computer and found some great sites with even greater instructions... She even found ...