2/08/2014

Peacock stash and Victorian sitting bench...

I have just 5 days to get my blocks together to mail for the fan RR.  I wanted peacock colors because I want to combine it with a peacock UFO... So while Susie was here I went through my stash plus added a few from a thrift store on the only day we were able to get out.  Our cold spell is about over and we managed to get through it with no frozen pipes which is always a relief in this old house.  The pickup hasn't started for days. I bundled my California Susie in heavy sweat pants, warm jackets and plenty of quilts.




The Victorian sitting bench is on a holding pattern...  I have it all screwed together but don't want to add a cushion until I get it outside to paint...which will be a couple weeks at least... Now it just has just a couple blankets on it but it is safe to say that it is a success even in it's unfinished state...



 
 
 

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Those are my kind of colours and the bench will be perfect when it is finished. Just right for looking out windows. I'm just finishing up my first block in sort of pastels and it might even qualify as the closest to elegant that I have come. Good way to spend these cold days because I sure don't want to go out to play!

Susie Wolfe said...

Oooohhh .. I miss the dogs already!
Susie

margaret said...

such a colourful selection of fabrics for you fan. The dogs look very content on their new seat

Suztats said...

Love the colours, and love that photo of your Furries watching the scenery!

Mosaic Magpie said...

The bench seems to be working out very nicely and the dogs don't seem to mind it unpainted. Too cold for any outdoor painting!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts