11/20/2008

Face to face again


Last two Xmas blocks and the last of experimenting with faces for a while. The face on the toy soldier is made of polymer clay and sculpted freehand. Kinda rustic but VERY small (less than 1/2") . I am getting better at the tiny faces and will try some more later.

I thought about doing a sugar plum fairy but opted just for a plump little fairy. The face on the plump fairy is painted on a MOP button with a 10/0 liner brush which is one of my very favorite brushes for minature painting.
I must remind anyone trying to paint on MOP buttons (or any buttons) that the secret to success is PREP!! You must, must, must sand the surface of the button and put down a thin base coat....... and then use thinned paints.. If you don't sand and don't thin, the paint will puddle and glob on the button..... This is the voice of experience speaking......hark!!!!.

2 comments:

Ati said...

Gerry, your Christmas blocks are so nice to look at, so much to see and so joyful.

Rengin Yazitas said...

Hi Gerry,
I love to visit your blog, I always find too many lovely things.
Rengin, in Istanbul

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts