8/16/2008

Recyled (Repurposed) Hot house


I wanted a small hot house close to my veggie plot to extend my season. I could put my tender plants like tomatoes there until after the last spring frost . It's only about 3'X3' and has adjustable shelves. It is used lumber, old windows and the roof ridge is old copper scraps. I have fence ornaments also across the ridge to keep birds from landing on it. There are roof vents and side vent.
The pieces of stained glass was salvaged from a piece of a 100-year-old window that had been trashed. It is decorated with turnings from an old tables, old door knobs and other scraps of hardware ..Just to the left is a potting bench also constructed from lots of odd bits... Works great and cost zip!

4 comments:

Gail said...

Gerry this is wonderful. I love to repurpose things and what you have created with your hot house is a real treasure, it is so pretty. Great job.

kerrykatiecakeskeb43 said...

Hi Gerry! I am searching desperately for a word that means charming to the nth degree! I love it!
Hugs,
Kerry

Love Bears All Things said...

At first I thought it was an antique phone box. I think it is very clever. My husband wants something similar to start seedlings in.
Mama Bear

Plays with Needles said...

I've had this picture in my inspiration file for many years. I love this! So glad it showed up as one of the "Link Within" posts when I came here today.

We always said that getting pooped on by a seagull at the beach was good luck...not sure if it translates to turkeys...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts