4/05/2022

My memories every April


 For many years I have done "happy memories" whenever I'm stuck in a waiting room, awake in the night, convalescing in the hospital, biding time at a medical office etc...   It;s my form of meditation.  I close my eyes, slow my breathing, relax, and focus on one happy memory. 



 I try to put myself right into that memory, smell the air, feel the weather, listen to the sounds etc.  Different months and activities trigger different pleasant memories, but April always triggers one of my favorite memories... lambing.

 I imagine my ewes all swollen and   uncomfortable no matter what they did.  I try to actually feel my hands buried in their fleece and massage their backs and rub their tummies. They would lie down and then stand up over and over.  Then one morning I would walk to the barn and as usual, smell the alfalfa, hear the ewes shuffling, and then a  mewing sound of a newborn lamb was music to  my ears.  What a thrill that was.  It has been years and years since I had sheep but I will carry those precious moments to my very last days....

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

Thank you for giving me insight on how to appreciate all that our world gives us. I will remember to follow you in taking time to be open to all the happy thoughts and doings in my life. It is such a simple thing but enormous in action.

Momma Bear said...

I always loved reading about your Lamb tales!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts