3/07/2022

Don't look too close!


 Years and years ago I covered a old bowling ball with little mirrored tiles and I was amazed how long it lasted in the garden at the farm.  By the time we moved here though it was missing a good many tiles.  Doing this was a project I could handle and being in the garden wouldn't get closely scrutinized.    T loved the patterns on the ball on the left and wanted to try something similar.  How hard could that be????  Bowling balls are plentiful at thrift stores and Amazon sells the little mirror tiles.

The first major challenge was that even though I could see and feel the tiles, I couldn't see which side was up unless I wiggled it under the light and saw the flash. My grand plan was to make designs with the little tiles but that lasted about two minutes and then it was every tile for itself.  Then I ran out of the little tiles and had to finish the bottom with larger circles.  But since it won't get close scrutiny and you cant' see the bottom unless you're laying it the grass... it can be counted and a success.  In fact I may try to salvage the old one with the circle tiles I have left.

1 comment:

lacysuzette said...

Congratulations—a disco ball for your garden! 😻

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts