12/04/2018

Aunt Margaret's Sour Cream Fruit Tart

Next to Gma Krueger's Sour Cream Rolls recipe which are a lot of work, the most used family recipe is Aunt Margaret's Sour Cream Tart... It is so easy that it is the dessert I go to in a panic because it is so versatile.  I like tarts because they take less fruit, are less work and feed more people...

This week beautiful pears were only 75 cents a lb. and I immediately thought of a pear tart.  It took 4 large pears for this tart.  Although I always use fresh fruit, it could be also made with canned peaches, canned plums, etc.
 
Custard Filling:
Mix 1 c. sugar and 3 T. flour
Mix 2 eggs and 1 c. sour cream
Combine both mixes
Add 1 t. vanilla and spices as desired.  I use sometimes ginger, cinnamon, cardamom or 5 spice.... any one or any combination...about a teaspoon.  It is next to impossible to mess up this recipe...

 Pour sour cream/sugar mix in uncooked pie shell, add fresh fruit (pears, apples, plums, etc.) I like to arrange the fruit but Aunt Margaret just chopped hers up and it tasted just as good. and top with a few nuts or crumb topping.   Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.

Here is the recipe ready for the oven last summer  using  fresh apples... I have raisins soaked in apple brandy in the middle.  Not only is this recipe easy, it is beautiful and feeds about eight easily as this is a 12" tart pan.













Here is the recipe coming out of the oven last fall that was made with fresh plums from our tree and topped with a crumb topping with almonds..






I noticed this product at the grocery store Saturday and thought I would give it a try.  I like ginger and even though I keep fresh ginger in the freezer I always forget about using it.  I like ginger with pears so added a bit to the custard mix for the tart.  They have a web site with lots of recipes using it so I will give them a try as well...




 

1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

mmmmm - this looks so good! Might have to give this one a try the next time fruit is on sale.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts