11/20/2018

Thanksgiving pies and cocoa!!!

 Tomorrow we are headed to the Washington coast for a family Thanksgiving and will drive back on Saturday.  It is about a 300 mile trip both ways and we have to go over Snoqualmie pass in the Cascades.  This year it looks like we are lucky and have nice weather both ways.. Many time when we plan a trip in the winter the pass is closed.  So right off I'm thankful for good weather and good roads.

Yesterday I tried to make pies to take to the coast for Thanksgiving and when I went into the pantry to get salt a container of Hershey cocoa fell and the lid flew off  as it fell.  The pantry was covered with cocoa, I was covered with cocoa and when I went to get the broom a cloud of cocoa followed me..  It even went into my shoes.... what a mess.  I had to put all my clothes in the wash, mop the kitchen and wash down all the shelves and their contents.   It was everywhere.  Not one of my better days.. Pumpkin pie got too brown, the apple pie crust was too thick, the  shell for the lemon pie shrunk even with weights. Maybe no one will notice.....  Happy Thanksgiving to everyone..

5 comments:

Shirlee Fassell said...

But you have good weather to travel! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Love your Thanksgiving CQ ESPECIALLY the turkey.

Bobbie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to You! You gave me my chuckle for the day concerning the cocoa powder everywhere. Somehow I know you probably had a smile on your face even as all this was happening. Love your turkey sampler, so pretty with all the embellishments and wonderful color.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh my goodness - just the thought of the cloud of cocoa everywhere is daunting! Your crazy quilt piece is perfect for Thanksgiving. Have a happy (and above all safe!) one.

justanitzybitcrazy said...

Have a lovely Thanksgiving and a safe journey.

Unknown said...

Absolutely love your thanksgiving block. Especially the turkey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts