I never make new year's resolutions as such, but I do think about an overall plan for the year... 2017 is going to be my year for tidying up and finishing up....not only needle work and blog but life in general..
These are the needlework projects for 2017... My initial plan had been to start with the easiest (proper ladies) and do one a month... But that plan is already in the dust. Once I got rid of the red bridge on the Asian challenge block I am excited to get going on it. I have the most energy already invested in this block and a huge lot of embellishments ready for it... I'm starting immediately today with filling out the trees...endless French knots
And the list of "tidy up" things is long.
1. The button painting tutorial is first on that list. I have changed the way I teach button painting, the supplies and links are outdated, and it needs more visuals...
2. My favorite tutorial is "cut-away-transfers" and I continue to use it and continue to sing it's value but never get any feedback... But no matter how I plan my peacock tails they will be very difficult to transfer with usual methods and the perfect example to use to update this tutorial.. The more complex the design the better to transfer with "cut-away" So that tutorial will be updated and refreshed.
3. Start some sort of organizational plan for tips on blog... No ideas on this yet as there are so many... literally hundreds.... overwhelming to say the least.
4. I need to add a couple more galleries to my blog... The suffrage quilt alone deserves a gallery.
5. Etsy tidy-up is already underway. I started updating Etsy a bit last month. I am down to about 25 older buttons on the site and new fun buttons are about to go up. Just need to post and write descriptions. I finally figured out a coupon for free shipping and have fixed neglected updates...
6. I want to sort stash and give a lot a way.. either on blog, to sell, or through workshops. Also want to get a booth at the fall quilt show to promote CQ. I'm not really up to teaching anymore but DH would drive occasionally me to talk and display about it ..
Once the weather is nicer the tidy-up/finish-up is extending to garden and barn... Everything now for me is getting ready to sell... new furnace, painting house etc. last year were first steps... DH is not ready for this but I keep moving in that direction.... this hard winter has been a struggle for him so when he is ready I will have all my ducks in a row....