12/17/2013

The end is in sight!

All I have to do is the beading on this lace arbor block (block #12) and I'm taking it with me today to play bridge.  I can always get a lot done between rounds and during the lunch hour.  The color on this block is more intense than than the others but I really wanted to use that lace... 


The pansy block is done except for the pansies and I dyed some ribbon this morning.  It is just cheap polysatin ribbon but will work fine.....hopefully.  I used the alcohol inks to dye it.  They will dye ANYTHING!!  
And the last trip to thrift store I found this pillow sham which looks to have been washed a hundred times.  It is lovely and will use it as borders and page backs for the cottage books.  I wish there had been two of them.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

I can see why you wanted to use that lace - mouth watering :). I need to find somewhere to buy some of the alcohol inks. I can't order them online because they won't ship them across the border - probably have a low flash point. Thrift stores are such great places to shop - the pillow sham just seems perfect for covers for your cottage book.

margaret said...

another lovely block, can`t wit to see them all together

Debbie S. said...

Such lovely blocks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts